Independent reviews of gazebos and market stall accessories
As you’re probably aware, Melanie sends us independent reviews of gazebos and accessories. We suggest a product and then at some stage in the next 2 weeks or so, Mel places an anonymous order for the product. We package it, ship it and then Mel documents how quickly she received the product, whether it was well wrapped and then what she actually thinks of the craftsmanship quality.
We view process this as an independent audit of our service and products, and this helps us to make improvements along the way. Feedback from our customers is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT IMPROVEMENT mechanism for our business, but we know your time is precious and you don’t always get a chance to provide us with feedback. So, asking Mel to act as a professional customer has allowed us to refine our packaging processes, improve our shipping times and then get a fair evaluation of a basic product review.
(Let me know if you’d be interested in doing the same as Mel! We really appreciate feedback from any and all of our customers, positive and negative.)
To date, Melanie has created reviews for the OZtrail Deluxe Gazebo and the matching OZtrail Gazebo Mesh Wall. We asked Melanie to start with an OZtrail Deluxe Gazebo as it’s the most popular product in our range. I think just about every market stall holder has, at one time or another, owned the Deluxe model. They are literally EVERYWHERE at fresh product markets in Australia. They’re a good size, durable, look good, easy to transport, easy to set up and from an Aussie home-grown company, OZtrail.
Anyway, slight digression….
There are some fantastic accessories that you can buy to match your gazebo, including a banner kit, adjustable awning, sand bags and even a gutter system. Is there anything in particular that you’d like Melanie to review? One of the accessories might really stand out for you but you’re not sure whether to buy it. Melanie can check it out closely for you, create a video, photos and her independent review. Worth a shot!
- Daz (OZtrail Tourer) - Great tent. Have not used in the rain yet, but on only the second use, the wing nut on the pole snapped. Same happened on our other, more expensive tent, but as it has a hole through the roof, we just use an extendable tent pole. This one hasn't. It has a rubber stopper top and bottom, so we will have to buy a replacement pole. - January 02, 2016
- Yvonne W. (OZtrail Tourer) - I used my tent last April travelling from Eden to Cairns and back, it is totally waterproof, plenty of space and headroom. I hosed it as per instructions no water came inside ever. I even weathered some torrential rain preceding the cyclone which chased me down the coast on the way home. Plenty of space for beds, tables etc. Also, electrical cord flaps and hook for lights were really handy. I was 66 years old at the time and found the 10.5kg weight, not a problem to carry. Love it. - March 17, 2015
- Rex G (OZtrail Tourer) - If the front door is opened during rainwater comes in. Solved this problem by putting front part of the tent under a 3x3 metre pergola which covers the front third of the tent and leaves 1.5 metres of shelter in front of the tent as well. Perfect travelling tent. - December 15, 2014
- Steve (OZtrail Elite Series) - Had OZtrail Elite Villa for 6 years. An absolute gem of a tent, have been in severe storms and wind down on South Coast, withstood all. Positioning in wind makes difference. - November 07, 2015
- Cian (OZtrail Elite Series) - The tent is exactly what we needed. Spacious, easy to set up, breathable and good quality. We took some terrible storms this summer in it and it handled it perfectly. Couldn't ask for more. Also, the price was good. We used it for only 5 people but our one (dome 12 person) could easily fit 9-12 people with bags. - April 24, 2013
- Xenon68 (OZtrail Breezeway Series) - I've taken this tent (3v version) on the road for nearly 9 months with a lot of frequent use in various weather. Has held up against high wind and heavy rain. It never leaked, only a small bit of condensation in the rain fly. Like most tents, if they are erected properly taking weather into consideration and taken care of they'll give you no trouble. - November 17, 2014
- Kali205 (OZtrail Breezeway Series) - This tent has great ventilation, very important for Australian summer. I like the huge windows and multiple entrances. I have the 4 person model, and the crossbar that creates more headroom across the width of the tent also makes it more difficult to set up than a standard igloo. I found after about 5 nights in fair weather the Velcro holding the fly to the poles started to tear the fly. - March 25, 213
- Finnii (OZtrail Classic Series) - We bought this tent for a short camping trip. All we were looking for was the cheapest option, as we were planning on ditching the entire equipment after that trip to avoid having to pay for taking it on our flight. Obviously, we weren't expecting much, but we were pretty thrilled with what we got, especially for the low price. It was easier to set up than any done tent I've ever had and we were almost sad taking it to the Op Shop at the end. No problems, in terms of quality, but obviously a 7-day camping trip is hardly an endurance test. Also, we didn't encounter any rain, so no idea how it would hold up in rough weather. - July 03, 2013